Certificación: Cloud Credential Council Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM)
Acreditador: Cloud Credential Council
Duración: 3 días
Idioma del material: Inglés
Formato: Presencial, On-line, eBook
The Cloud Service Manager course will be of interest to:
- IT Managers and CIOs
- Service Managers (with or without an ITIL background)
- Service Management Professionals
- Cloud Strategy and Management Consultants
- Service Architects, Technical Pre-Sales Consultants
- IT Professionals
At the end of this Cloud Service Manager course, participants will gain competencies in, and be able to:
- Recall cloud service management terminology, definitions, and concepts.
- Explain basic terminology related to cloud service management.
- Analyze an organization's strategic assets and capabilities to successfully design, deploy, and run cloud services.
- Identify and explain important roles involved in cloud service management.
- Compare the relationship between cloud provider and cloud consumer.
- Differentiate between potential risks and benefits of adopting a cloud strategy.
- Produce an initial cloud adoption strategy.
- Illustrate the benefits and drive the adoption of cloud-based services within an organization.
- Identify strategies to reduce risk and remove issues associated with the adoption of cloud computing and cloud-based services.
- Analyze the impact of demand and how to “right-size” cloud services at the design stage.
- Outline what a cloud marketplace is and differentiate between the consumer’s and provider’s perspective of a cloud marketplace.
- Analyze effective demand management across cloud-based service models.
- Illustrate the benefits, risks and issues of Dev-Ops within an IT organization.
- Select appropriate structures for designing, deploying, and running cloud-based services within traditional IT organizations.
- Outline the various pricing models for cloud services.
- Examine the challenges with purchasing cloud-based services.
- Diagram a hybrid IT cost model.
- Discover key governance requirements of cloud service provision.
- Model cloud service management principles into ICT operations and IT service management.
- Demonstrate how to link cloud value back to IT strategy.
- Name a number of popular and relevant IT frameworks and standards.
- Predict the complexities involved in designing, deploying, and running cloud services.
- Compare and contrast cloud service management with traditional IT service management in the existing IT organization.
Material del curso:
Participants of the Cloud Service Manager course receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the handbook.
- Internet is required only for downloading the eBook. The eBooks can be read offline.
- eBooks can be downloaded and read on the following devices Laptop, tablet, SmartPhone, eReader PDF Reader, recommended Adobe Reader.
- Instructions for download are available here.
Sobre el Examen:
- Exam Format: Web based, Closed Book
- Question: 25 scenario-based questions
- Pass score: 65%
- Duration: 75 minutes. For non-native speakers an additional 15 minutes is available.
- Proctoring: Live or webcam
MODULE 1: Course Introduction
MODULE 2: Cloud Service Management Fundamentals
2.1 History of Cloud Computing
2.2 Basics of Cloud Service Management
2.3 Service Perspectives
2.4 Relationship with IT Service Management (ITSM)
2.5 Cloud Service and Support Models
MODULE 3: Cloud Service Management Roles
3.1 Cloud Management Roles
3.2 Service Management Roles
3.3 Organizational Roles
MODULE 4: Cloud Service Strategy
4.1 Cloud Strategy Fundamentals
4.2 Key Drivers for Adoption
4.3 Risk Management Overview
MODULE 5: Cloud Service Design, Deployment, and Migration
5.1 Basics of Cloud Service Design
5.2 Dealing with Legacy Systems, Services, and Applications
5.3 Benchmarking of Cloud Services
5.4 Cloud Service Capacity Planning
5.5 Cloud Service Deployment and Migration
5.6 Cloud Marketplace
MODULE 6: Cloud Service Management
6.1 Cloud Service Management Perspective
6.2 Cloud Service Level Management and Service Assurance
6.3 DevOps in a hybrid IT and Cloud Computing Environment
6.4 Managing Cloud Service Configurations
6.5 Change Management for Cloud Computing Environments
6.6 Reacting to Demand for Cloud Services
MODULE 7: Cloud Service Economics
7.1 Pricing Models for Cloud Services
7.2 Procurement of Cloud Based Services
7.3 Cloud Service Charging
7.4 Cloud Cost Models
MODULE 8: Cloud Service Governance
8.1 Basic Governance Definitions
8.2 Cloud Governance Framework
8.3 Cloud Governance Considerations
MODULE 9: Showing the Value of Cloud Services
9.1 Understanding the Value of Cloud Services
9.2 Linking the Value of Cloud Services to Strategy
9.3 Measuring the Value of Cloud Services
MODULE 10: Popular Service Management Frameworks
10.1 Best-Practice Frameworks
10.2 ISO Standards
10.3 Governance Frameworks
10.4 Cloud Standards
MODULE 11: Exam Preparation Guide