C# AND WEB APPLICATION SECURITY
Writing .NET web applications can be rather complex – reasons range from dealing with legacy technologies or underdocumented third-party components to sharp deadlines and code maintainability. Yet, beyond all that, what if we told you that attackers were trying to break into your code right now? How likely would they be to succeed?
This course will change the way you look at your C# code. We'll teach you the common weaknesses and their consequences that can allow hackers to attack your system, and – more importantly – best practices you can apply to protect yourself. We give you a holistic view on the security aspects of the .NET framework – such as making use of cryptography or Code Access Security – as well as common C# programming mistakes you need to be aware of. We also cover typical Web vulnerabilities with a focus on how they affect ASP.NET web apps on the entire stack – from the CLR to modern AJAX and HTML5-based frontends. We present the entire course through live practical exercises to keep it engaging and fun.
Writing secure code will give you a distinct edge over your competitors. It is your choice to be ahead of the pack – take a step and be a game-changer in the fight against cybercrime.
C# Web developers
- Understand basic concepts of security, IT security and secure coding
- Learn Web vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top Ten and know how to avoid them
- Learn about XML security
- Learn client-side vulnerabilities and secure coding practices
- Learn to use various security features of the .NET development environment
- Have a practical understanding of cryptography
- Learn about typical coding mistakes and how to avoid them
- Get sources and further readings on secure coding practices
- IT security and secure coding
- Web application security
- Client-side security
- .NET security architecture and services
- Practical cryptography
- Common coding errors and vulnerabilities
- Principles of security and secure coding
- Knowledge sources