WEB APPLICATION SECURITY TESTING
Testing plays a very important role in ensuring security and robustness of web applications. Various approaches – from high level auditing through penetration testing to ethical hacking – can be applied to find vulnerabilities of different types. However if you want to go beyond the easy-to-find low-hanging fruits, security testing should be well planned and properly executed. Remember: security testers should ideally find all bugs to protect a system, while for adversaries it is enough to find one exploitable vulnerability to penetrate into it.
Attending this course will prepare software testers to adequately plan and precisely execute security tests, select and use the most appropriate tools and techniques to find even hidden security flaws. Practical exercises will help understanding web application vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques, together with hands-on trials of various testing tools from security scanners, through sniffers, proxy servers, fuzzing tools to static source code analyzers, this course gives the essential practical skills that can be applied on the next day at the workplace.
Web application testers.
- Understand basic concepts of security, IT security and secure coding
- Learn Web vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top Ten and know how to avoid them
- Learn about XML security
- Learn client-side vulnerabilities and secure coding practices
- Understand security concepts of Web services
- Learn about JSON security
- Learn about denial of service attacks and protections
- Understand security testing approaches and methodologies
- Get practical knowledge in using security testing techniques and tools
- Get sources and further readings on secure coding practices
- IT security and secure coding
- Web application security (OWASP Top Ten 2017)
- Client-side security
- Denial of service
- Security testing
- Security testing techniques and tools
- Knowledge sources