Certificación: ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
Duración: 5 días
Idioma del material: Inglés
This Advanced Level course builds on the knowledge and skills acquired at the Foundation Level. In this course you will learn how to manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for your organization. You will be able to organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and then use the results of these sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control. You will also be able to propose a business case for test activities that outline the costs and benefits expected. You will understand how to create and implement test plans consistent with your organization’s test policies and test strategies. You will learn how to ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders, and to participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives. You will learn how to identify skills and resource gaps in your test team, be able to participate in sourcing adequate resources and identify and plan skills development within your team.
Holding the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Certificate entitles you to use the Certified Tester Advanced Level acronym CTAL-TM and to go on to a subset of the higher Expert-Level software testing certifications.
Individuals certified at this level will be able to:
- Use traceability to check completeness and consistency of defined test conditions with respect to the test objectives, test strategy, and test plan.
- Use traceability to check completeness and consistency of designed test cases with respect to the defined test conditions.
- Use risks, prioritization, test environment and data dependencies, and constraints to develop a test execution schedule which is complete and consistent with respect to the test objectives, test strategy, and test plan.
- Use traceability to monitor test progress for completeness and consistency with the test objectives, test strategy, and test plan.
- Implement a project retrospective to evaluate processes and discover areas to improve.
- Analyze the stakeholders, circumstances, and needs of a software project or program, including the software development lifecycle model, and identify the optimal test activities.
- Analyse, identify, and assess product quality risks, summarizing the risks and their assessed level of risk based on key project stakeholder perspectives.
- Analyze given samples of test policies and test strategies, and create master test plans, level test plans, and other test work products that are complete and consistent with these documents.
- For a given project, analyze project risks and select appropriate risk management options (i.e., mitigation, contingency, transference, and/or acceptance).
- Define documentation norms and templates for test work products that will fit organization, lifecycle, and project needs, adapting available templates from standards bodies where applicable.
- For a given project, create an estimate for all test process activities, using all applicable estimation techniques.
- Analyze and report test results in terms of the residual risk, defect status, test execution status, test coverage status, and confidence to provide insight and recommendations that enable project stakeholders to make release decisions.
- Estimate the value of testing based on cost of quality, along with other quantitative and qualitative considerations, and communicate the estimated value to testing stakeholders.
- Analyze a project to select the appropriate review type, and to define a plan for conducting reviews, in order to ensure proper execution, follow up, and accountability.
- Define process and product metrics to be used in reviews.
- Develop a defect management process for a testing organization, including a defect report workflow that can be used to monitor and control a project’s defects throughout the testing lifecycle.
- Define the data and classification information that should be gathered during the defect management process.
- Define a test process improvement plan using the IDEAL model.
- Assess a given situation in order to devise a plan for tool selection, including risks, costs and benefits.
- Using a skills assessment spreadsheet, analyze the strengths and weaknesses of team members related to use of software systems, domain and business knowledge, areas of systems development, software testing and interpersonal skills.
- Analyze a given skills assessment for a team in order to define a training and skills development plan.
The Advanced Level qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing. This includes people in roles such as Testers, Test Analysts, Test Engineers, Test Consultants, Test Managers, User Acceptance Testers and Software Developers.
This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors and Management Consultants.
Beneficios a obtener:
- Prepares participants for the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate examination.
- Provides participants with the following skills to equip them to deal better with the challenges of managing real world testing:
○ Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization.
○ Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
○ Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies.
○ Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
○ Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
○ Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
○ Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team.
○ Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected.
○ Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders.
○ Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives.
To be able to obtain an Advanced Level certification, candidates must hold the ISTQB Foundation Certificate and satisfy the board which examines them that they have sufficient practical experience to be considered Advanced Level qualified. Refer to the relevant Exam Board and/or National Board to check the specific criteria used to evaluate practical experience.
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst
Material del curso:
You will receive the following as part of this course:
- Participant Handbook
- Separate exercise handouts with solutions.
- Separate practice exams with answer commentary.
- Exam Format: closed-book format. Paper-Based. Participants may bring language translation dictionary, non-programmable electronic calculator.
- Questions: 65 scenario-based multiple choice questions.
- Passing Score: 65%
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes. 45 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers
- Proctoring: Live
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Test Planning
- Test Monitoring and Control
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Closure Activities
Test Management in Context
- Understanding Testing Stakeholders
- Lifecycle Activities and Work Products
- Alignment of Test Activities with Other Lifecycle Activities
- Managing Non-Functional Testing
- Managing Experience-Based Testing
Risk-Based Testing and Other Approaches
- Risk-Based Testing
- Risk-Based Testing Techniques
- Other Techniques for Test Selection
- Test Prioritization and Effort Allocation in the Test Process
Test Documentation and Other Work Products
- Test Policy
- Test Strategy
- Master Test Plan
- Level Test Plan
- Project Risk Management
- Other Test Work Products
- Test Estimation
Defining and Using Test Metrics
- Defining and Using Test Metrics
Business Value of Testing
- Business Value of Testing
Distributed, Outsourced, and Insourced Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced, and Insourced Testing
Managing the Application of Industry Standards
- Managing the Application of Industry Standards
- Management Reviews and Audits
- Managing Reviews
- Metrics for Reviews
- Managing Formal Reviews
- The Defect Lifecycle and the Software Development Lifecycle
- Defect Report Information
- Assessing Process Capability with Defect Reporting Information
Improving the Testing Process
- Test Improvement Process
- Improving the Testing Process
- Improving the Testing Process with TMMi
- Improving the Testing Process with TPI Next
- Improving the Testing Process with CTP
- Improving the Testing Process with STEP
Test Tools and Automation
- Tool Selection
- Tool Lifecycle
- Tool Metrics
People Skills - Team Composition
- Individual Skills
- Test Team Dynamics
- Fitting Testing Within an Organisation